We are proudly to announce the award winners for 2017 Recipients. Congratulations to all winners!!!
2017 Postgraduate IEEE EDS Awards (Malaysia Chapter)
- Mohamad Faris bin Mohamad Fathil, for MEMS and Nanoelectronics category
- Fairus Atida Said, for Photonics category
- Kang Chun Hong for Material, Process and Product cluster category.
2017 Final Year Project IEEE EDS Awards (Malaysia Chapter)
1. UKM – Mr. Ravinder Singh Sidhu A/L Amrik Singh entitled Synthesis and Fabrication of PANI-Fex‐Ni Nanocomposite Thin Film Biosensor Synthesized by Low Heat Treatment (300°C) with 30kGy γ irradiation for Leptospira Detection in Wet Medium under the supervision of Assoc. Prof Dr. Huda Abdullah.
2. UPM – Mohd Nazri Bin Khamis entitled Electronic LED for green house agriculture under the supervision of Dr Nurul Amziah Md Yunus.
3. IIUM- Nurafiqah Bt Abdul Walid entitled Design and Performance Analysis of Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) devices for sensing application under the supervision of Dr Aliza Aini Binti Mohd Ralib.
Final Year Project IEEE EDS Awards (Malaysia Chapter) for undergraduate students.
We are proud to announce that the Electron Devices Malaysia Chapter of IEEE Malaysia is awarding the IEEE EDS MALAYSIA AWARD of EXCELLENCE to the best final year project (FYP) in micro and nanoelectronic devices for undergraduate students.
Please note the following criteria in submitting the nomination:
1. The final year project title must fall under micro and nanoelectronic devices field.
2. Each university is entitled to win 1 award ONLY.
Upon receiving the nomination, an official letter from the office of ED Malaysia Chapter Chair will be sent to the respective recipient.
The award recipient will receive a certificate with the logo of Electron Devices Society and the logo of IEEE and will be reported under our Technical activity to EDS Headquarters in New Jersey, USA, where the list of all students who received the award will be submitted. In addition, each recipient will receive cash prize of RM100 as a recognition of their achievement.
The university need to submit the nomination form.
Postgraduate IEEE EDS Awards (Malaysia Chapter)
The Postgraduate IEEE Electron Devices Society (EDS) Malaysia Awards recognize outstanding research projects that have contributions on the enhancement of electronic devices theory and/or applications. The outstanding project in four categories will each receive an honorarium of RM100, certificate and plaque. The awards’ recipients will be invited to attend the 2017 IEEE Regional Symposium on Micro and Nanoelectronics (RSM) conference dinner on 23rd of August 2017 (Wednesday) to receive the award.
The nominees for all categories must be registered as IEEE Electron Devices Society (EDS) student member at the time of nomination. The nominees are required to submit a 3-minute pitch video and poster of their respective project. The awards are given to outstanding projects in electronic devices in these four categories;
- Outstanding project in MEMS and Nanoelectronics
- Outstanding project in Nanophotonics
- Outstanding project in IC Design and Manufacturing
- Outstanding project in Material, Process & Product
Submission deadline: will be announce soon
Notification of award: will be announce soon
Award ceremony: during ICSE 2018 Gala Dinner
A nomination should consist of the following items:
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the person making the nomination (the nominator). Self-nomination is also accepted.
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the candidate for whom an award is recommended (the nominee).
- A short statement (200-500 words) explaining why the nominee deserves the award in question.
- The nominated 3-minute pitch video and poster must be in English language.
- Project title and abstract (200-300 words).
- A list of the nominee’s publications and the corresponding electronic copy of the publications.
- The latest CV of the nominee.
- Include supervisors’ names and grant used to support the project.
Nominations should be submitted as a zip file including the preceding items to Associate Professor Dr P. Susthitha Menon email@example.com (Award Committee Chair), Dr Siti Noorjannah Ibrahim firstname.lastname@example.org